Sell on Amazon with Shopify: How to Sell Handmade Products
Since 2015, artisans and crafters have been selling their unique and handmade products online to Amazon’s million global customers. After Etsy, Amazon is the second best option for selling handmade products online.
If you are a crafter or an artisan and you like the idea of selling your unique creations online, you should definitely consider Amazon Handmade.
With the new Shopify Amazon integration, you can sell your products directly to Amazon.
Running an online store is not enough for building a successful business. Adding one more selling channel (Amazon, in this case) is a great tactic for acquiring new customers and increasing your sales.
Let’s see how you can sell on Amazon with Shopify and grow the orders for your handmade products.
Walking Through the Shopify-Amazon Integration
Take a quick look at how to get the most out of Shopify-Amazon integration and double your sales:
- Create a professional Amazon sellers account: Before you create your account, you need to make sure you are meeting all the rules. For example, you need to have an active Shopify account, you must be selling products into a supporting category, ship products using FBA or Fulfillment by Amazon, and etc.
- Pre-check for businesses whose products need selling approvals.
- Add the Amazon Sales Channel to your Shopify store: In the Shopify menu, click the plus button and tap to add the Amazon channel. There is an instruction wizard you can follow to complete this step.
- Get ready with product identifier codes: All Amazon-Shopify sellers should be ready with EAN, UPS, and ISBN codes.
- Create listings in Shopify and sync them with Amazon: Go to your Shopify dashboard and find the products you want to sell on Amazon. The Amazon listings will also appear on the Amazon listing page on your Shopify website.
- Establish inventory policies: There are two options – Shopify inventory management and manual inventory management.
- Start selling: You are officially done and you can start selling your handmade products online on Shopify and Amazon.
5 Tips for Selling Handmade Products on Amazon
Here, we’ve listed five tips for selling handmade products on Amazon:
1.Always Read the Fine Print
It doesn’t matter whether you are an experienced seller or a beginner, it is important to read the fine print.
The Amazon marketplace provides all the information you need to start selling handmade products online. On their official website, there is a Handmade Resource Guide which can help you with everything, from listing products and promotion to SEO or Search Engine Optimization.
2.Use High-Quality Images
Assuming you are a Shopify seller for some time now, you know that using high-quality images is very important. The images in your product listings are the deciding factor for customers to make purchases. Make sure your images are professional and high-quality only.
This doesn’t mean you need to hire a professional photographer. You may sync your Shopify images. As long as the images show off the details of your masterpiece, you are good.
3. Get Your Pricing Right
When selling on Amazon with Shopify, you can use the same prices or you can use different prices for Amazon.
One of the most important decisions, however, is to know how much to charge for your products. This isn’t as simple as calculating the cost of the materials to make the product. You must also include the cost of your expertise, your time, and etc.
You need to know how to calculate the cost of products sold.
Once you understand the true cost of each handmade product, you are ready to price the product. If you are not sure how to price your products, you can analyze the market and your competitors to see what other similar products are priced at.
If you think your Shopify price is right, you can use that price for selling on Amazon too.
4. Don’t Forget about Marketing
Adding Amazon as an extra channel is a great strategy for increasing your Shopify sales. Yes, Amazon is one of the most popular marketplaces and receives a lot of traffic every day. Your handmade products are sure to get some interest.
However, this doesn’t mean you can neglect marketing and advertising. Marketing your products will get you the best return on investment.
Amazon offers three types of advertising options:
- Sponsored Products
- Headline Search
- Product Display Ads
5. Consider Using FBA or Fulfillment by Amazon
As your sales and brand awareness increases, you will be busy creating your products. You will be busy running your Shopify store, communicating with Amazon customers, and etc. It may be worth using Amazon’s FBA program to make it easy to develop your brand and grow.
FBA or Fulfillment by Amazon allows retailers to send products to Amazon warehouses where the Amazon team handle the picking, packing, shipping, and delivery for you.
You will need to pay extra for using this program, however, it is an excellent way to keep your responsibilities organized and have more time to design your products.
Sell on Amazon: Final Thoughts
Amazon-Shopify integration is quite popular among Shopify sellers. The integration of the two most popular platforms has many benefits:
- The integration will eliminate the need to make separate accounts on both platforms. Shopify platform can be used to sell more on Amazon.
- Shopify products can be listed directly on Amazon.
- Product visibility grows significantly as your products become visible in the largest marketplace.
- Discounts are an important part of sales. The sellers can create discounts on Amazon listings using the Shopify dashboard.
- Images, product details, and variants can be synced from Amazon to Shopify and vice versa.
- After the Shopify-Amazon integration, sellers can analyze sales on Amazon using Shopify analytics feature.
- Sellers can fulfill Amazon orders through Shopify.
Just like diversifying investments, it is important to diversify sales channels for your online business, as well. If you make unique handmade items, it will benefit your brand to list your products on your own Shopify store and on Amazon.
Try the above tips and improve the likelihood of online success.